ADD ITEMS IN THE ITEMS SCREEN
- Click the Data icon in the main menu then Items.
- If you want to duplicate an existing item, select it in the ITEMS grid.
the Add icon in the grid menu and a menu will appear with 4 choices:
- Fast duplicate duplicates the item you've selected in the ITEMS grid and assigns it to the default storage
site specified in your user preferences.
- New item wizard adds and assigns a new item.
- Duplicate item wizard uses the same screens as the New item wizard but is faster because it copies the item you've selected in the ITEMS grid
(Fast duplicate is even-faster but less flexible).
- Add a row to the grid behaves like the add function in the Jobs and Storage sites screens. Normally, it's easier and faster to add items with one of
the other options.
When you duplicate an item, all the fields in the items table are copied except the item number, serial number, license, license fee and alert date. The
items table contains the un-changing data that describe your items, for example, an item's size and serial number. It doesn't contain data that changes when
items are re-assigned, for example, the current assignment and cost (the cost of quantity items can change).
EDIT AND DELETE ITEMS IN THE ITEMS SCREEN
- Click the Data icon in the main menu then Items.
- To edit, click
the Edit icon in the grid menu in the upper right. If you
click in the record or the field in the record you want to edit first, the cursor will appear in that record or field.
- After you click the Edit icon, the grid menu changes.
Click the Save icon to save,
the Cancel icon to undo any changes you've made since your last save.
- Clicking the Edit
icon puts you in editing mode. Once in editing mode, you can edit as many records as you like but can't change your search or move to a different page until
you save or cancel.
- To delete, select the record(s) you want to delete by clicking checkbox(es) in the left-hand margin of the grid (you can select more than one) then
the Delete icon in the grid menu.
ASSIGN ITEMS TO JOBS, STORAGE SITES, ETC. FROM THE ITEM ASSIGNMENTS SCREEN
- Click the Data icon in the main menu then Item assignments.
- Search for or scroll to the item you want to re-assign and click the cart icon to its right to add it
to your cart. Do the same for any additional items you want to add to your cart.
ASSIGN ITEMS TO OR PURCHASE THEM FOR OTHER ITEMS
Items can be assigned to or purchased for equipment, expensive tools and vehicles (but not inexpensive tools or consumables). You can, for example,
assign items to or purchase items for a gang or utility box.
Add items you want to assign to another item to your cart using any of Tracker 8's order entry screens, for example, Item assignments,
Find and add to cart and
Fast add to cart.
- In the Cart, click the Tasks button then either Assign to item or Purchase for item (the Assign to item and/or
Purchase for item Tasks must be selected in the Preferences screen).
ADD AND ASSIGN ITEMS WHILE PURCHASING IN THE ORDERS - PURCHASES SCREEN
You can enter new item numbers while purchasing. This is particularly handy when entering new vehicle, equipment and expensive tool numbers, which must
be unique, but can also be used to enter completely-new inexpensive tools or consumables. Just be sure to use your existing item numbers when re-stocking
inexpensive tools or consumables you've entered before.
- Add the descriptions you want to the Cart from the
Find and add to cart screen.
- In the Cart, select a purchase task and assignment then click the Place order button (or the Actions button,
if that's what you see, then Place order).
- Either (1) click the Fill empty FROM fields with button, Vendor then a vendor or
(2) click the Edit icon in the Details subgrid menu, enter a vendor in FROM LOCATION
ID in one or more rows then click the Save icon in the Details subgrid menu.
- Select the row in the Detail subgrid that you want to add a new item number to.
- Click the New or unlisted item button, enter a new item number and click Save.
ASSIGNING AND PURCHASING NEW ITEMS ADDED WITH
THE ADD ICON
Items added in the Items screen can be assigned from the Fast add to cart or Items screens.
- In the Items screen, select the item(s) you want to add to the cart by clicking checkbox(es) in the left-hand margin of the grid.
- Click Macros then Add to cart.
the Tools icon in the grid menu,
- In the Cart, select a task and assignment then click the Place order button (if you see Actions, click it then
either Place order or, if you're assigning the item, Ship).
- Follow the instructions in Fast add to cart to add items
entered in the Items screen with the Add icon.
ADDING AND EDITING AN ITEM'S COST
An item's cost can be entered with the NEW ITEM WIZARD or DUPLICATE ITEM WIZARD or when purchasing an item. To manually enter or edit an item's cost ...
- In the Items screen, if you're not using the system view, switch to it (see views). The Details sub-grid will appear.
- In the upper Items grid, search for or scroll to the item whose cost you want to edit.
- Optionally, click on the Commence column heading in the Details sub-grid to sort by commence date.
- The cost in the most-recent record with status 'shipped,' 'received' or 'discrepancy' is the item's
current cost. You can edit an existing cost or enter a different cost in a more-recent record. If an item has no history records, purchase or
assign it then edit the newly-created history record's cost.
ADD PHOTOS THAT APPEAR IN THE FIND AND ADD TO CART SCREEN
The photos that appear in the Find and add to cart screen are entered in the Descriptions screen.
- Click the Data icon in the main menu then Descriptions.
- Select the description you want to add a photo to then click Attachments, Add new attachment.
the Tools icon in the grid menu,
- Click Choose file, navigate to the photo you want to upload and click Open.
- Click the Photo checkbox then Upload.
SET UP ALTERNATE ITEM NUMBERS AND DESCRIPTIONS (CROSS REFERENCES)
Cross references match your item numbers and descriptions with pre-printed barcode labels, UPC codes on packaging and
common descriptions not otherwise used in the Tracker. If you buy something from several vendors or manufacturers, each of which uses a different number, you can
cross reference the item with any or all of those numbers.
TRACK STORAGE SITE SUB LOCATIONS WITH CONOTES
Storage site sub locations are generally used to specify exactly where items are stored, for example, shelf 200 or bin abc. Companies with large warehouses
sometimes use coordinates like "aisle 10, row D". Sub locations can be useful if you store the same item in several places or often move items within your
storage site(s). But there's a down side: sub locations have to be entered when you assign items and can become cumbersome. If you store each item in one
location that doesn't change often, CONOTES in the Items screen requires less data entry and is easier to use.
- Create an Items view that includes CONOTES and an Item history (details) view that contains NOTES.
- Enter your items' storage site sub locations in Items CONOTES.
- Item CONOTES (or Check Out notes) are automatically recorded as Item history (details) NOTES when items are assigned and appear in the
Details subgrid in the Orders - Assignments screen and in Shipping tags printed from the Orders grid in that screen.
ADD AND EDIT ITEM ALERTS
Item alerts, which trip when the date you specify is reached, can be used for vehicle registrations, warranty expirations, calibration schedules, etc.
An item can have just one item alert. If you need more and don't have the Tracker repair and maintenance module, you can use user-defined fields and
searches to simulate alerts, but they won't be automatic: you have to run the search. If you have the Tracker repair and maintenance module, each item can
have as many maintenance types as you like, each of which will trip a maintenance due alert.
- If you want to send email(s) when item alerts trip, your organization manager needs to check Email upon item alert in the Preferences screen
- If you can edit in the Items screen, you can add and edit item alerts. Click the Data icon in the
main menu then Items.
- If alerts aren't displayed in the Items grid, click Views then Lists alerts rates.
the Tools icon in the
- Click the
Edit icon and edit these fields:
- (Items grid) ALERT DATE. The alert's due date.
- (Items grid) ALERT WARNING. The number of days before the due date you want the alert to trip. If you want the alert to trip on its due date, leave
this blank or enter zero.
- (Items grid) ALERT EMAILS. If you want to send email(s) when an item alert trips, select one or more Tracker users from this list (select more than one
using the standard techniques for your device, for example, in Windows, click one user then hold down the Ctrl key and click a second user).
- (Items grid) ALERT MESSAGE. The MESSAGE you see in the Alerts screen will automatically be included in alert emails. Type anything you want added to that here.